Skip to content

October 2019 Murder at the Four Deuces

Enter our monthly contest to win a free murder mystery game. View contest winners with great reviews and photos here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

October 2019 Murder at the Four Deuces

Postby mlanni90 » October 29th, 2019, 6:45 pm

This past Saturday I hosted a Murder at the Four Deuces as our annual Halloween Party for my friends. We had about 30 people come, so I used the expansion pack. It was a huge success and everyone had a blast. They are still talking about it, my program actually posted some pictures of the event on our company Instagram page. We started around 8PM and finished just after 10 PM. The initial murder definitely got people invested into the game. I am allergic to latex balloons, but I found that taping some caps to a hammer and whacking it against a cutting board worked great to make a gunshot effect. This initial gunshot in the darkness really got my guests to feel immersed. People were really getting into their characters, more so than I expected. We did not have a formal dinner time during the game, more of a continuous buffet of food people brought or that I prepared, this seemed to work out well. We did do the weapons scavenger hunt. We had three other murders throughout the night and each one was more entertaining than the last. Out of 30 people, about 5 solved the murder correctly and so I would say that it is a challenging mystery, while also being enjoyable. I was hosting and did not take a character, although I easily made up my own as a celebrity guest bartender (I enjoy mixing cocktails). In the days before the party I realized that I did not know exactly what would happen.The box set really helped take the load off my required preparation. The "step-by-step" host's guide was vital to how smoothly the night went. I quickly lost all sense of "running a murder party" and just started to enjoy the party as it unfolded without a hitch. I am looking forward to next year and will strongly consider the sequel to Murder at the Four Deuces. I'll include some pictures to share our happy evening. Many thanks to Mary Lee and Chance!
Attachments
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
9.jpg
8.jpg
7.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
mlanni90

Return to Board index